The original building was purchased in 1969/70 and with generous donation refurbished into Southampton’s second Gurdwara. In 1979 the Gurdwara adopted its first constitution.
Recently the Gurdwara has undergone further refurbishment. As a result of this, the front of the building was extended to increase the size of the Diwan Hall and the placement of Domes on the roof above the Palki and to the sides.
The current management committee (2012-14) comprises of the following :
- President - Amar Singh Phangura
- Vice President - Amrik Singh Sandhu
- General Secretary – Harjap Singh
- Assistant General Secretary – Surinder Singh Dial
- Treasurer - Jagdish Singh
- Assistant Treasurer – Charanjit Singh
- Stage Secretary – Sukhdev Singh Sahota
- Assistant Stage Secretary – Baljit Kang
The Constitution was amended to allow the co-opting of professional, influential members who would be able contribute significantly to management of the Gurdwara with their specialist knowledge.
Current co-opted members include:
- Educational Seminars - Harjinder Singh Virdee (Solent University)
- School Visits - Balbeer Kaur
- IT - Shinderpal Singh (IT Consultant)
- COSG Chair - Balwinder Singh Chahal
- Outreach - Mindo Kaur Virk
- Punjabi Language - Kulwinder Kaur Lakhpuri
These lists are only a summary. A full list can be obtained by contacting the Gurdwara.
- Kulwant Singh Lakhpuri
- Johan Singh Sidhu
- Ajit Singh Dhillon
- Mohinder Singh
- Mohinder Singh Mandair